The dry cleaning process in most laundry pick up and laundry delivery services in Singapore is similar to wash and fold process that use commercial washing machines and dryers.
1. Once your commercial laundry services shop has picked up your dirty clothes, the personnel will separate your clothes according to color and texture. The white and light-colored garments are cleaned first, colored clothes next, then jeans, towel washing or laundry for spa, and finally bed sheets and covers and upholstery covers. Delicate clothes are also washed separately by the commercial laundry service to ensure that your clothes remain in their pristine condition after washing.
2. Then, your laundry delivery service in Singapore will inspect each item, check for foreign items, and read the car instructions label to determine the best way to clean your clothes. Some fabrics cannot be dry-cleaned and can only be spot-treated or steam-cleaned.
3. If there are stains on the fabric, it is spot-treated first using neutral wet-side, alkaline or acidic wet-side agents. If the stain is made from oil, grease, fat, and plastics, it is pre-treated with dry-side spotting agents. Bleaching, using either an oxidizing or reducing bleach, is the last option for stain removal if all the other spot-treatment methods have failed.
4. The clothes are placed in the basket or drum that looks like a regular washer. Depending on the size of the commercial dry cleaning machine, it can hold up to 40 kilograms of clothes at a time.
5. The machine fills up the drum with 1/3 of the dry cleaning solvent and rotates the chamber, while maintaining the temperature to no more than 30 degrees C. The cycle could last for up to 15 minutes, but some dry cleaning solvents will need at least 25 minutes of washing before the stains are removed.
6. The rinse cycle then begins with the extraction of the remaining solvent by draining it from the basket until all the reside is gone.
7. Warm air, not hot, is used to evaporate the traces of the solvent in the clothes. Other dry cleaning machines in commercial laundry services shops in Singapore use an alternating chilled and heated air to remove the residue.
8. The next stage is called the aeration process where the clothes are cooled before they are pressed and folded. An experienced laundry service company in Singapore like http://www.laundryfirst.sg/ will make sure that the clothes will go through proper aeration process in order to preserve the garments’ best condition.
9. If there are any stains remaining on the clothes, the laundry staff will treat the clothes again. Any damage to the clothes are repaired, such as lost buttons on your uniform laundry, so make sure that this is included in the terms and services when looking for a commercial laundry services shop in Singapore.
10. Finally, a pressing machine will remove the wrinkles before the items are folded and delivered to you.
Dry cleaning is the recommended method for clothes made of delicate materials, particularly fabrics that degrade in water, and cannot withstand the rough tumble of the washing machine and the dryer.
NEO Food Web is a project of the Northeast Ohio Local Food System Assessment and Plan.