Working with your wedding florist in Singapore to come up with designs for the floral decor in your wedding venue is a fantastic idea for couples who want to add their personal touch to the wedding flowers. Before you go about selecting the types of flowers for your bridal bouquet and floral decor, however, you need to be familiar with some of the common floral arrangements used in weddings and other unusual styles you might want to try.
• Elliptical. This type of floral decor is recommended by the wedding florist in Singapore to couples who want to use monochrome flowers, but this can also be used with any color combination. The wedding flowers, mostly dahlia, lily, rose and tuberose, are arranged to form the shape of an ellipse.
• Pave. The wedding flowers are arranged so that there is no space visible in between them, including the stems. The flowers are highlighted by cutting the stems to make the flowers appear as if they are sitting on the surface of the container. The flowers at the center are slightly taller than the rest, but the stems should also be hidden, creating a look that gives the impression of a bridal bouquet stuck in a small container.
• Contrast. Besides the shape of the floral decor, you can also experiment with the color scheme, by using dark vibrant colors in combination with a few greens and light-colored varieties. This is perfect for color-themed weddings.
• Vertical. This floral decor will make use of the tallest wedding flowers available, such as carnation, rose, and tulips, but will also include shorter flowers as fillers to create balance. Considered the most common of all floral arrangements, vertical is considered timeless because it’s an all-purpose design that can be used for other occasions as well. Any type of color combination or flowers can be used for this versatile floral decor.
• Three-Tiered. This type of floral decor will look like the bridal bouquet, but it also lends an informal look to the piece. To create a dramatic effect, pick colors of the same shade to balance the light and dark colors. If you want to go for an all-red floral floral decoration for marriage ceremony in Singapore for example, select shades close to red, remove the leaves, and then place the tallest flower at the center.
• Horizontal. Wedding flowers are placed in shallow containers and arranged so that they all look even, except for a single flower that will serve as a focal point. Another variety of the horizontal floral arrangement places flowers as if in a zig zag pattern. Most of the flowers used for this type of floral decor are roses and other fragrant types.
• Far-Reaching. This floral decor is all about height. The wedding florist will provide you with long-stemmed flowers such as gladiola. The long-stemmed flowers are spread evenly and then filled in with short-stemmed varieties.
• Triangular. For couples who love the look of tall flower stems, the wedding florist in Singapore will recommend this style. The wedding flowers are arranged to create a triangular shape, with shorter stems at the sides, and the tallest flowers in the center.
• Linear. Also known as ikebana, this type of floral decor is best appreciated when placed near walls. It includes not just wedding flowers, but stems, leaves, and twigs to create a natural and simple look. The wedding florist might suggest this to couples who do not want to use a lot of floral decor in the venue.
• Crescent. The wedding florist in Singapore will arrange the wedding flowers to imitate the shape of the crescent moon. Also called the C-type, the best flowers for this type of floral decor should have flexible stems and includes green leaves as fillers. To add more drama to the piece, ask your wedding florist like https://www.moodfleur.com/ from Singapore to place ribbons and flower wraps around the container.
• Basket. The depth of the basket used for the floral decor will determine the length of the flowers’ stems. They can also be arranged horizontally or vertically depending on the shape of the basket.
• S-Shaped. Also called the Hogarth’s curve, S-shaped floral decor is perfect for couples who want to show off a luxurious table centerpiece on tall or upright containers. The wedding flowers are usually large in size and have leaves on them as fillers.
• Wreath. Usually placed on walls, wreaths can sometimes be used as table centerpieces for the wedding venue. The wreath is a circular garland of wedding flowers, foliage, and a few trinkets.
• Oval-Shaped. The tallest and brightly-colored wedding flowers are placed in the center of the container, while ones with the shortest stems are placed near the edges. Even the stems and leaves are shaped and cut to achieve a dense look. This piece is usually placed near hallways during the wedding celebration.
• Minimal. As the name implies, this floral decor uses fewer wedding flowers than those listed here. Often, it also includes more greens and stems like the linear floral arrangement.
• Cascade. The wedding flowers used still have a lot of leaves and stems on them to achieve a bushy look. You can place this type of floral decor along the aisle or the hallways to make the place look dramatic.
The most commonly used flowers for these floral arrangements include rose, tulip, calla lily, lily of the valley, hydrangea, peony, ranunculus, stephanotis, lily, sweet peas, gardenia, chrysanthemum, narcissus, daisy, lilac, and orchids. However, that does not mean you should limit yourself to these common flowers. Ask your wedding florist about the availability of some rare varieties before doing a mockup arrangement of the floral arrangements listed above.
Note: This list is compiled in no particular order.
An engagement ring is one of the most important items that people buy in their lifetimes. However, choosing a good proposal ring might seem a little daunting if you’re on a tight budget. Still, it’s possible to get a good bargain on a ring that you like by simply following these money-saving tricks.
1. Set Your Purchase Plan During Summer Season
June through August is known as the wedding season, which is why most of us think that it’s the worst time to purchase a proposal ring. Guess what? The exact opposite is actually true. Although weddings often take place during the warmer months, engagements occur pretty much evenly throughout the year.
Summer season is also a bit slow for the business, so jewellers are more likely to be flexible with their pricing just to push their sales. Plus, it’s the wedding season, which means there are not as many people buying engagement rings during that time.
2. Buy Shy
Shopping for a diamond centres on the “4 Cs” – colour, cut, clarity and carat weight. When it comes to carat size, buying shy will help you save a considerable amount money without significantly affecting the look of the stone. Diamond prices change considerably at carat and half-carat marks, which means that buying shy (say, purchasing 1.95 carats instead of 2) could result to 20 percent savings from the ring’s original price – and yet the difference in the stone will hardly be noticeable.
3. Be Strategic With the Ring’s Setting
Don’t worry if your budget isn’t enough to get that customized wedding ring you’ve set your eyes on. Expert jewellers in Singapore shared that creating an illusion of additional carat is possible by opting for a ring with a halo setting (a circle of small stones surrounding the centre stone). Apart from making the centre stone appear bigger, this type of setting will also give the diamond a vintage look, thus changing its appearance and making it stand out from other gemstones.
4. Opt for the Prong Setting
Less metal on the ring means lower cost, so choose the more minimal prong setting (secures the stone like tripod above the band) over a bezel one (a metal ring encircles the sides of the diamond to keep it in place) for your engagement ring. Opting for a prong setting will highlight the stone and make cleaning the ring easier. Just make sure that you choose platinum metal for the prongs so the stone will be firmly held in place.
5. Go for the Emerald Cut
Unlike the other diamond cuts, an emerald cut offers few facets (the surface that reflects light and makes the stone sparkle). It won’t be as shiny, but its shape will allow the diamond to cover more surface area. Plus, it’s a timeless style so your customized wedding ring will never look passé.
6. Consider Alternative Stone Options
It’s true that diamonds are every girl’s best friend, but if you’re in a pinch, it’d be best to consider having alternative stones like precious gems or even man-made diamond on your customised wedding bands instead. Non-conventional brides often prefer alternative stones to diamonds or use a diamond ring setting but with a different stone for the centre of the ring. Asian cultures, like that in Singapore and China, highly value the imperial green jadeite. It’s rarer than diamonds, but more affordable.
7. Choose Gold Over Platinum
Going for platinum-based ring offers several benefits: the metal is durable, its colour doesn’t change or fade, and it gives off a gorgeous silky polish and white shine. Sadly, these good qualities come with a hefty price. Still, it’s possible to get the same fashionable look as customised wedding bands from Singapore that platinum offers at a more affordable price by opting for white gold instead. This metal is resistant to corrosion, rust and tarnish, it looks pretty and it won’t make you spend over your allotted budget for an engagement ring.
8. Steer Clear From Brand Name Rings
Another way to save money when purchasing an engagement ring is to avoid brand names and branded designs. It’s now possible to custom-made or duplicate a ring design that looks as close to the original. You will get huge savings with these customised wedding bands, which is why expert jewellers recommend this option if the branded rings are outside your budget.
9. Purchase Online
We can already buy almost anything online these days, so it just makes sense that you’ll be able to find great deals on diamond rings from internet retailers. The price of an engagement ring and wedding ring are significantly less online – there’s a 20 percent price difference between in-store and online prices. Online jewellers are price competitive, which is why price mark-ups on rings rarely happen online. Purchasing a stone online and having it set in a ring locally is also a good idea to further save money on buying an engagement ring.
10. Buy it as a Set
This might not be a good idea if you are planning a surprise proposal, but it will work if you and your fiancé-to-be are going to shop for the ring together. Oftentimes, it’s easier to score a deal if you purchase the engagement ring and the wedding ring at the same time. You might even want to include your own wedding band in the set to get even more savings.
Aside from buying your car or home, an engagement ring is one of the biggest and most stressful purchases that you will make in your lifetime. It is filled with wrong choices to make and questions to ask. Don’t fret though, because putting these tips to work will surely help you find an engagement ring that she can’t say no to – and one that won’t break the bank.
Hotel banquets will never go out of style. Singaporean’s love for good food and glamorous atmosphere has lead to these indulgent celebrations dominating the wedding scene.
But how do you really pull off a spectacular wedding banquet? Some venues have in-house food and drinks and may not allow a third-party caterer. If your hotel venue is lenient on food catering, take advantage of it as it can help you save on your expenses and also lessen the hassle of finding a vendor.
If you’re already in the process of planning for your wedding banquet in Singapore, here are three things to know before confirming your reservation with your hotel banquet.
Knowing how much you can spend will help you pick out the right banquet package when viewing from a wedding banquet price list, as well as help you decide on the dishes and drinks to splurge or pinch on. You can cut down on your expenses and serve just two kinds of desserts; perhaps some pastries and fresh fruits. If you can, spend a little more on your entrees. Serve at least two to three types of varied dishes to accommodate any guests with a specific diet like no meat. Overall you want to offer your guests a feast that can satisfy their appetites at the end of your wedding without going over your budget.
2. Number of Guests
This information goes with your budget. When you know how many guests will attend your wedding, you will have better idea of what package to get from the wedding banquet price list. It is important to finalize your guest list sooner so that you can work with a fixed budget once you interview a caterer. Always allot a buffer, usually 10% of your total number of guests just to make sure that you will not ran out if any of your guests should get more helpings. Once you have the number figured out, try to offer a menu that is generally palatable to your guests. Steer away from dishes that may be too unfamiliar no one would dare touch. Aside from the number of guests, try to consider also what the overall preference may be.
3. Wedding Theme
If you want to be cohesive with your theme from the favors to the décors and even with the attire, then incorporate your theme in your menu. Offer your guests with a complete experience of your theme that they can enjoy not just in sight and sound but also in taste. Research the kinds of dishes and drinks that are inspired by your theme to help you identify specifically what kind of entrees or desserts you must have. For example, if you have an Oriental theme, find out what are served in a traditional Oriental banquet and give it a little twist to make it modern or at least recognizable to your guests.
These are the basic things you need to know about before picking a package or a hotel banquet from any wedding banquet price list. With enough information on the above, you can ask the essential things from your prospect hotel such as; if you can have a food and drinks sampling to try the dishes you want in the menu. With your budget in mind, ask for a competitive price and check if the rate covers a service charge that is at least 15% of the meal. If not, you might have to add tax and tip.
With these tips you can have value for your money and a sumptuous feast for your wedding.
Every bride-to-be desires to achieve that perfect glow for their skin for their big day. Kicking your skincare routine game up a notch is one dazzling way to give your skin the pampering it needs. However, ensuring you’ll walk down the aisle with a youthful, radiant-looking can’t be done overnight. There is no shortcut nor a hack to this process. It takes tons of effort on your part and a few months of conditioning your skin before the grand day.
Having great skin on the day of your wedding is also one thing your makeup artist will thank you for. Not only would it make their job considerably easier—because it’s a lot easier to style up a clean “canvass”—but you are also likely to maximize the outcome of the cosmetic process. Even with layers of makeup products on, the natural glow of your skin will still be visible.
That being said, this article will present 6 easy ways to ensure your wedding day skin conditioning will result to a flawless complexion. Doing so will make both you and your beautician happy, considering all the styling you’d have to undergo through. All this is done to guarantee you’d look good personally and in the countless wedding photos that will be taken during the ceremony, not to mention the reception hours where you’d have to greet the guests around.
Besides, weddings generally happen only once in a lifetime — so why not put in some extra effort to ensure you’d look your best on your big day?
1. Keep yourself hydrated
Drinking enough water on the daily brings a number of benefits to the body, particularly when it comes to the look of your skin. If you ask the best makeup artist in Singapore for any pre-wedding beauty habits, chances are she’d tell you to drink lots of water too! Keeping yourself hydrated is important if you want to improve your skin’s condition. The toxins residing in your skin will then be flushed out and tissues will be plumped out, making your skin appear smooth and bright. By doing so, you are also decreasing the appearance of wrinkles and other fine lines.
2. Use good skincare products
In Singapore, there is a vast variety of skincare products sold in the market, catering to different skin types and conditions. Using products such as moisturizers, toners, eye-creams, hydrating masks, and serums can greatly benefit your skin. Using these high quality products will remedy your skin issues, as well as ensure that your skin is in good condition for your wedding day. Furthermore, it is also encouraged to seek the recommendation of a cosmetic expert when purchasing said products in order to help you understand when and how to use them properly.
3. Get plenty of sleep
Getting a generous amount of sleep is a big factor in conditioning your skin. As we sleep, our bodies produce essential proteins which are needed by the cells and tissues to regenerate. This improves the skin’s natural vigor and decreases the occurrence of blemishes as a result. A good night’s sleep can also prevent heavy eye bags and dark circles under the eyes, something you definitely wouldn’t want to sport on the day of your wedding. Your makeup stylist won’t have to frantically cover it up with heavy layers of concealer, too!
4. Don’t forget to cleanse, tone, and moisturize
Maintaining a regular skin care routine is ideal on the daily, but it becomes more imperative to do so during the months leading up to the big day. Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing before you head for work in the morning and right before you sleep at night is highly recommended. Also, don’t forget to use your skincare products daily as they will greatly improve your skin’s condition. There are lots of skincare products sold in Singapore that can offer you the rejuvenation your skin needs.
Besides that, never go to bed without taking your make-up off. Give your face a thorough yet gentle washing — since merely wiping the products off with a facial wipe isn’t enough.
5. Avail regular facial sessions
If your budget allows for it, availing regular facial sessions can be greatly beneficial in improving the condition of your face. An experienced beauty therapist can address any issues your skin may have, like an acne breakout or dehydration, and can devise a treatment plan specifically for you. It is important to improve your skin’s condition as soon as possible. Delaying it any longer could only cause more problems and issues to arise over time, which can bring headaches to you and your makeup stylist.
6. Healthy diet and exercise
Having a healthy diet rich in antioxidants will lead to an increase in the body’s collagen production, thus improving your overall complexion. Some of the healthiest food you can eat are whole grains, salmon, tomatoes, blueberries, avocado, and practically all types of fruits and vegetables. Regular exercise, on the other hand, is also one way to enhancing the condition of your skin. It gets the toxins out of your system and regulates the hormones which are likely to cause breakouts.
A combination of both healthy diet and regular exercise is then encouraged if you want to give your skin’s appearance a boost. A clean face will likely make your makeup artist elated as well, and you can count that they’re looking forward to help you look your best on the big day.
Achieving a youthful and healthy-looking skin does not happen overnight. If you want your skin to be in good shape on the day of your wedding, take note that it all boils down to following an effective skincare routine regularly. Make-up application and styling can only do so much. Putting in that little bit of added effort goes a long way in ensuring you’ll look naturally radiant on the most special day of your life.